- The Cannabis Business Awards 2017
Hosted by Cannabis Business Awards
The Cannabis Business Awards honors cannabis professionals deserving of historical recognition and esteemed accolades for industry progression and innovation.
Join Clover Leaf and The Cannabis Business Awards for an exclusive celebration with special guests for a networking evening, comedy, and honorary awards ceremony. This will be an event not to miss and will feature the top business executives, producers, and industry professionals from around the world. This will be the most-talked about event of the year! There will be guest hosts, award presenters, full bar’s, music, entertainment, gift bags and much much more.
Celebrate outstanding achievements with industry game changers, trailblazers and cannabis thought leaders. This is an amazing time in our industry, one of historic innovation and progression. Join us as we celebrate the fastest growing industry in America and the industry executives creating history as we take marijuana mainstream.
Click Here to nominate an industry professional for the 2017 Cannabis Business Awards
Denver Performing Arts Complex, Denver, Colorado 80204
- Michigan MMFLA Business Licensing Bootcamp
Friday, December 8, 2017 9:00 AM
until Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:00 PM
Here are some of the benefits of attending our 2-day Michigan Marihuana Facility Licensing Bootcamp If you are looking to become a part of this industry, it is essential that you take steps in the right direction. By attending this workshop for future marijuana businesses, you can become more confident that you are doing the right thing. Check out the speakers we have lined up for our event!
- Avis Bulbulyan, SIVA Enterprises
- Ted Daniels, National Cannabis Security Services
- Stephanie Goodman & Amanda Kugler, Bricks and Mortar Cannabis
- Steve Flaks, BioTrack
- Ron Smalley, Vista Green LLC
- Kareyna Miller, LC Solutions Michigan
- Hilary Dulany, Aardvark Cannabis Company
- Grady Emmons, PRMG Security
- Jenny Germano, ICS Consulting
- Paula Givens, Attorney
- Roma Thurin, Thurin Law Group
- Jamie Cooper, Canna Media Works
- Cathleen Graham, CS Health Stop
Most people make mistakes during the initial steps of starting a marijuana business and get their permits denied. You can avoid making the same mistakes by attending this workshop for marijuana business. It is always better to learn from professionals who have extensive experience in the field and this opportunity is only presented to you at our workshop. Don’t wait too long because if you don’t start now, you won’t be able to find success later on.
This two-day workshop will provide an extensive overview of the following areas related to operating a legal medical marijuana business (and ancillary businesses) in Michigan:
- A thorough review of Michigan’s Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act, (PA 281, 281 & 283 of 2016 and PA 105 of 2017).
- A step-by-step format of what is going to be needed to get municipality approval & community support
- Help you select the correct corporate structure for your marijuana business.
- How to deal with property contracts and landlords.
- How much money will be needed to start a marijuana business.
- A chance to reach out and meet others like you who are just getting into the industry. Our workshop is an excellent place to find like-minded people that are working towards similar goals!
- Our WorkBook with the valuable information is a great asset in helping you with continuing education.
- Understanding of risk and benefits of the industry for the patient, businessperson, and governmental officials on a local and statewide level
- Assess the marijuana business successes and failures in other states and the lessons that have been learned
- Discuss the needs, opportunities, and barriers for collaboration among, across, and within the governmental role, the healthcare role, the business person role, and the role of the patient.
- Understand what you will need to interface with Michigan’s seed-to-sale system that uses serialized tags with bar-code, human-readable and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags attached to every plant, and labels attached to wholesale packages to track marijuana inventory.
- Grower/Production and Dispensary site selection and required zoning
- Compliance and legal issues
- Investment limitations and opportunities
- Teambuilding for application approval and long-term success
- Ancillary business opportunities (legal, transportation, HVAC, security, real estate, insurance, marketing, accounting, plumbing, cleaning services, etc.)
- Concentrates/extracts: Why it’s predicted to be the future of the Medical Marijuana industry.
- Marketing and advertising for Medical Marijuana companies: Effective and proven methods.
- Networking Luncheon where you can meet with established key players in the Medical Marijuana industry).
- Get in now on the ground floor before the industry takes off!
- Meet professionals who successfully navigated the application process and now run successful marihuana businesses in other states.
- Get an in-depth legislative & regulatory update: what’s happening now and what’s going to happen.
- How to start and operate a successful, compliant Medical Marijuana Provisioning Center (Dispensary)
- Learn the business opportunities that this billion-dollar industry will bring to Michigan.
- Comprehensive Marijuana Business Workshop Notebook. All those who attend will receive a comprehensive Medical Marijuana Business Licensing Workshop notebook. The notebook contains valuable information on being successful in the Medical Marijuana industry in Michigan. It includes information on the law, proposed regulations, business and investment opportunities, and essential Medical Marijuana basics. It also includes information on the dispensary application process, and on how to operate a successful and legal dispensary. There’s more! It is written by people who have already made money in the Medical Marijuana industry. It contains detailed information, to show you how you can as well. It will guide you through each step in developing your own successful Medical Marijuana business!
Intersted in being a sponsor for the event? Visit cannamediaworks.com/sponsorship for more information!
Friday, December 8, 2017
8 – 9 a.m. – Registration & Networking
9 – 9:45 a.m. – Michigan Regulatory Overview – Paula Givens, Attorney & Licensing Consultant
9:45 – 10:30 a.m. – Corporate structuring & background checks – Roma Thurin, Thurin Law Group
10:30 – 11:15 a.m. – Building your team – Avis Bubulyan, SIVA Enterprises
11:15 – 12 p.m. – Taxes, accounting & cash management – Kareyna Miller, LC Solutions Michigan
12 – 1 p.m. – LUNCH
1 – 1:45 p.m. – Incorporating the medical in medical marijuana – Cathleen Graham, CS Health Stop
1:45 – 2:30 p.m. – Gaining Municipality Approval & Community Support – Jamie Cooper, Canna Media Works
2:30 – 2:45 p.m. – BREAK
2:45 – 3:30 p.m. – Funding & investor relations – Avis Bubulyan, SIVA Enterpises
3:30 – 4:15 p.m. – Building a brand for your cannabis company – Jamie Cooper, Canna Media Works
4:15 – 5 p.m. – Seed to sale tracking software – Steve Flaks, BioTrack
Saturday, December 9, 2017
8 – 9 a.m. – Registration & Networking
9 – 9:45 a.m. – Riding the Wave of the Industry Ripple Effect – Hilary Dulany, Aardvark Cannabis Company & AccuVape
9:45 – 11:15 a.m. – Planning for a Successful Vertical Integration Facility – Ron Smalley, Vista Green Group LLC
11:15 – 12 p.m. – Secure Transportation – Grady Emmons, PRGM Security
12 – 1 p.m. – LUNCH
1 -1:45 p.m. – Security Planning – Ted Daniels, National Cannabis Security Services
1:45 – 2:30 p.m. – Putting together your application – Avis Bulbulyan, SIVA Enterprises
2:30 – 3:15 p.m. – Policies & procedures – Paula Givens, Attorney & Licensing Consultant
3:15 – 3:30 p.m. – BREAK
3:30 – 4:15 p.m. – Insurance, bonds and securities – Stephanie Goodman & Amanda Kugler, Bricks & Mortar Cannabis
4:15 – 5 p.m. – Preparing for Compliancy – Jenny Germano, ICS Consulting
Learn from some of the best industry application writers and compliancy experts in the areas of cultivation, dispensary, edibles/infused products, extraction, and licensing.
- Security Planning
- Security Systems
- Physical security
- Product and cash vaulting
- Cash handling
- Chain of custody
- Processing and Extracting Facility Planning
- Overview of Different Extraction Processes (This is just an overview. We will not be teaching you HOW to process or extract medical marijuana.)
- Infused Product Categories
- Packaging and Labeling
- License Application Planning
- How to interface with METRC – Marijuana Enforcement Tracking Reporting & Compliance — Michigan’s statewide monitoring system for integrated marihuana tracking, inventory, and verification under the Marihuana Tracking Act, 2016 PA 282.
- Investor Targeting and Qualifying
- Real Estate and Facilities: new construction or renovation?
- Municipality Lobbying and Generating Community Support
- Community Impact Plans – when needed
- Industry Advocacy and Involvement
- How to start and operate a successful Medical Marijuana Provisioning Treatment Center (Dispensary)
- Learn more about the business opportunities that this billion-dollar industry will bring to Michigan.
- Winter is Coming Ganjasana Plant Ceremony & Yoga for Stress
Hosted by Greenlovedenver
Join Greenlove Denver and Steven Wallace for “Winter is Coming” Ganjasana Plant Ceremony and yoga class for stress and anxiety.
Great way to relax and unwind before the holidays start! Learn new techniques for utilizing cannabis, yoga, and the breathe to calm the mind and body.
Greenlove Denver & Steven Wallace are both Ganjasana Cannabis Yoga Teacher Graduates.
Must be 21+ to Register, 420 Friendly – BYOB.
- Ganjasana Ceremony – Cannabis Plant Spirit Yoga
Hosted by Earth Yoga Boulder and Ganjasana
Join Ganjasana for a healing cannabis plant-spirit yoga ceremony – a transformative experience rooted in the Shipibo shamanism ancestral lineage.
In a safe, sacred, setting, embody the practices of yoga, meditation and mindfulness as you connect with the ancient wisdom of the cannabis master plant!
Founded on the principles of permaculture, cannabis used in ceremony is cultivated in no-till, living organic soil and grown with sustainably conscious methods mindful of the health of the plant, the environment and the people. Complimented with selected heirloom genetic cultivars, ceremonies are designed to model the regenerative nature of building plant-spirit relationships. Learn tools for plant communication, from soil to flower, as you deepen your alignment of body, mind and spirit with the earth.
- GrassPosts Presents: Path To 2018
The legalization of cannabis is creating opportunity for existing and new cannabis entrepreneurs. With the recent news of Los Angeles allowing for volatile manufacturing, we will definitely see a surge of more manufacturers coming to the Los Angeles market. The challenge is getting yourself established and preparing your roadmap to success.
Whether your a infused product, volatile or non-volatile manufacturer, there are a lot of questions and concerns that must be addressed prior to going all in. Everything from selecting the proper real estate to which equipment you really need to produce your final products.
We will go over these topics and other operational and investment topics that can make a difference in how well your company does moving forward. We all have our multi-million dollar exit strategies but do we all have the roadmap on how we are going to achieve them.
Topics to be Covered:
Compliance for Manufacturers
Infused Product Market
Sourcing Raw Material
Path to Success
The event format will be as follows:
- 7-7:30 pm ( Networking)
- 7:30-8:40 pm (Panel Discussion)
- 8:40-9:00 pm (Q & A with panel)
- 9:00-9:30 pm (Network)
This is a non-consumption event.
- Denver Norml’s 3rd Annual Holidaze Fundraiser
Hosted by Denver NORML and NORML
**This is a PRIVATE, 21+, RSVP-ONLY event. We will not allow registration at the door. Sorry, it’s the law!** Message us to get on the guestlist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us for Denver NORML’s 3RD Annual Holidaze fundraiser! This event is FREE thanks to our sponsor, Lightshade Labs. It will be a casual, 21+ event, infused with botanicals from start to finish. Enjoy amazing food and drinks including an awesome silent auction with tons of options for holiday gifts, with Rameau Control & Indigo Peak hosting for the night.
This is our biggest fundraiser of the year. Your generosity will ensure that we will have a successful local lobby day, and help us reform marijuana laws at the state and federal levels. This fundraiser allows us to have an educational experience in Washington D.C. with National NORML and other chapters from across the country!
Dress Code // Come as you are!
Food trucks: Burgerchief will be there for the munchies 😉
Raffle // Every donation includes a raffle ticket to win the grand prize -TBD
Silent Auction // Door prizes – Be prepared to bid and win amazing items.
Fund the Cause // Learn about the impactful things Denver NORML is doing and how you can help.
We are looking for the following Sponsorships:
$5,000 – Platinum
$2,000 – Gold
$1,000 – Silver:
Thank you Lightshade and IHeartJane, Metlo & Drone Ninja Photography.
$500 – Bronze
Thank you Quest Concentrates, Freely Loved Hemp and Concentrate Supply Co., Kaviar, BioTrack THC, Ripe Dispensary
Q:Will I be able to bring any extra guests to the door and register them there?
A: NO, their names must be registered before the day of the event.
Q:Will there be any specific dress codes?
A: Come casual or anything holiday ready 🙂
QHow can I become a sponsor? You have the information listed, but nowhere to donate!
A: Actually, we come to YOU! Whether’s it’s cash, business check, or a debit/credit card, please email email@example.com with headliner “SPONSORSHIP.” It will be a great way to reach out to a fresh crowd of ganja enthusiasts!!
QAny music or food provided? I’m going to get the munchies won’t I…?
A: Yes, we will have live music for the first half and house music spinning to end the night. Food is still in the works, but thank you to Oskar Blues Brewery for helping us out with Drinks :).
QHow will silent auction work? Cash? Card? Prizes?
A: Be ready cause we accept all forms and will be giving away freebies throughout the night!
Date: Wednesday Evening, December 13th, 2017.
Location: The Metlo Rooftop Event Space , 1111 Broadway, Denver, 80204.
Music: Rameau Control// Indigo Peak
We would love the following:
If you have any suggestions for us or would like more information on helping us out, please send a direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Stoned for the Holidays – A Micro Market
Hosted by Color Up Therapeutics, Greenlovedenver, SurefineLoud, Kenesha Facello Photography and International Church of Cannabis
Find the perfect holiday gift for the stoner on your list at “Stoned for the Holidays – A Micro Holiday Market” at the International Church of Cannabis. Support small, local vendors, take a yoga class (by donation), and see the church’s amazing interior in person.
Friday, December 15, 2017 from 3:00pm – 6:00pm | 400 S. Logan Street, Denver
Vendors include: ColorUp Therapeutics CBD Products, SureFineLoud Agate and Crystals, LitYogi Apparel by GreenLoveDenver, Kenesha Facello Photography & Holiday Cards, Jimmy Smrz Yoga, and more!
Free Admission. Yoga by Donation.
- Love Yourself More Cannabis Infused Yoga with Samatha Prock
Hosted by Greenlovedenver
Join Samantha Prock and Greenlove Denver for “Love Yourself More” sponsored by Mary’s Medicinals.
As the holiday season draws closer we can become overwhelmed and stressed. It’s important we take time to love and care for ourselves.
Learn how to use Mary’s Medicinals products effectively and how to incorporate self love and self care into your life.
Each participant will receive CBD samples to try and take home.
21+ to RSVP, 420 Friendly.
DM Greenlove Denver or email firstname.lastname@example.org to Register.
- Light & Lit Yoga
Hosted by Greenlovedenver
Greenlove Denver’s Signature Light & Lit Cannabis Infused Yoga Class just in time for the holidays!
Join us for an evening of relaxation, yoga, mindfulness, and responsible cannabis consumption!
Must be 21+ years old to register. 420 Friendly.
No photography or video taping allowed in class.
- 2nd Annual Cannabis Saves Christmas Event
Hosted by First Cannabis Church of Logic and Reason and Inner Ascended Masters Ministry
Here at First Cannabis Church of Logic and Reason we understand that the holidays can be an especially trying time for those of us experiencing financial difficulties. That is why we would like to invite you to our 2nd annual “Cannabis Saves Christmas” event!
What is this miraculous event you ask?
Well, we would like to invite those in need to stop by our location and receive assistance with gifts for the upcoming holiday. From 2pm-6pm participants can come and pick up 2 free gifts and 2 free stockings. Volunteers will be on hand to help with wrapping, while supplies last. We understand that some individuals may have more than 2 children. As we do not require any sort of verification for this event, last year some people took advantage of our hospitality which meant other children were not able to get any gifts as we ran out early. This year we want to ensure everyone has a chance to participate so we are limiting the number to 2 from 2p-6p. After 6p, if you have additional children you are free to return and pick up 2 additional gifts. Please keep in mind this is a charitable event put on completely by volunteers. We may run out of toys, we may run out of stockings and quite possibly gift wrapping supplies. We ask for your patience and understanding if these events occur.
How is this possible?
Throughout the year we have been collecting new and like new toys to be able to offer them to the public this holiday season. We are also holding a toy drive for the next few weeks in order to beef up our supply. We are asking anyone interested in donating to drop off items at the Inner Ascended Masters Ministry during business hours. We are looking for new and like new toys for both boys and girls, newborn to 18, plus any wrapping supplies such as wrapping paper, tape, scissors, bows, etc as well as stockings. If you are unable to make it to our donation center we are also accepting monetary donations through Paypal at: PayPal.com – CannabisSavesChristmas@gmail.com or directly at PayPal.ME/CannabisSavesXmas .
What are the dates and times?
We will open our doors to the public from 2pm to 8pm on Wednesday, December 20th. Veterans and active duty military are invited to join us for “Early Access”, from 1pm to 2pm, as our way of saying thank you for your service.
Who can attend?
ANYONE! EVERYONE! If you feel you may need some additional assistance in making your child’s Christmas more memorable then by all means stop by.
Do I need my medical card?
Absolutely not. This is a family friendly event where everyone is welcome. Please note there could be be cannabis consumption on site for those with a medical necessity. It will not be in the main staging area so it will remain kid friendly.
Can I volunteer?
First Cannabis is always looking for volunteers to help out at our events. Any interested parties should contact the church directly through private message or you can contact our pastor, Reverend Jeremy Hall, either by email at ReverendJeremyHall@gmail.com or by phone/text at (517) 240-0242.
Thank you so much for your interest in our event and may this be the best holiday ever! Be well
- Cap City Dab Wars 2017
Hosted by Got Meds Lounge and Mrsberrykush
Cap City Dab Wars is back in action and Hosted again at Got Meds Loungeand presented by Mrsberrykush
There will be tons of giveaways, raffles, and free pizza!! The first 75 people in the door will receive a free gift bag stuffed full of amazing goodies all thanks to our amazing sponsors!!! This event is about bringing all the members in the community to a fun event and with a small twist by adding a completion to the mix.
We will have our competition again this year and will allow single dabbers and teams of 3!! Pre registration for dabbers is also allowed and will take place starting Dec 1st.
There will be a few select judges spots as well.
There will be a completion as well for best concentrates. Entry’s will take place on Dec 16th and 17th from 12pm to 5:30pm. Please see event page for details to be posted!!! all entrys will be tested by The Spott Laboratory
Sponsorship details are will be posted in the event page!!!
Come watch the Ball drop with the Got Meds crew and see who takes home the win.