- 1313.February.Tuesdayhttp://weedallaboutit.info/event/vendor-day-with-pure-bliss/http://weedallaboutit.info/event/roxbury-ma-cannabis-control-commission-public-hearing/Today at 6 PM – 8:30 PM2300 Washington St, Bolling Municipal Building, 2nd Floor, Roxbury, MA 02119
The Cannabis Control Commission will be traveling around the state of Massachusetts on their LAST public listening tour before they finalize regulations for the Adult-Use cannabis industry. Topics of interest include licensing; operational requirements for cultivation, product manufacturing, retail sales and social consumption; delivery; compliance; enforcement; and administrative appeals.
Public feedback is necessary in order to include some key provisions to the regulations, such as:
* Include 1-Day and 3-Day cannabis event licenses: This would allow for small businesses who cannot afford a brick-and-mortar location to participate in social consumption events by renting a location. Many of these events arealready taking place such as infused dinners, bonfires, pot-&-paint nights, and festivals.
* Include Non-brick-and-mortar delivery licenses: This would allow for small businesses who cannot afford a brick-and-mortar location to participate in retail sales. Many of these services already exist, this would provide a low-barrier to entry opportunity for people to transition into the legal market.
* Allow BYOC (Bring Your Own Cannabis for events): Adults are allowed to gift homegrown marijuana, they should be able to consume their homegrown products at events.
* Allow smoking in designated public consumption areas: Cigar bars and some social clubs allow indoor smoking, the same standard should be held for public marijuana smoking in designated areas.
* Include net-worth as an indicator in the Equity Eligibility Program: Prioritized applicants should include those who don’t have access to large amounts of capital, so that non-wealthy residents are not left out of the legal industry.
Speakers are requested to provide a copy of their oral testimony. The Commission encourages all interested parties to submit testimony electronically to the following address: CannabisCommission@State.M
Please submit electronic testimony as an attached Word document or as text within the body of an email and type “Draft Regulations” in the subject line. All submissions must include the sender’s full name and address.
Be as specific as possible. The CCC is looking community members to share their personal testimonials, provide studies, analytical data, and concise recommendations to finalize this program. “The mission of the Cannabis Control Commission is to honor the will of the voters of Massachusetts by safely, equitably and effectively implementing and administering the laws enabling access to medical and adult use marijuana in the Commonwealth.”
To call or leave a voicemail for the CCC, dial 617-701-8400.