Friday, December 8, 2017 9:00 AM
until Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:00 PM
Here are some of the benefits of attending our 2-day Michigan Marihuana Facility Licensing Bootcamp If you are looking to become a part of this industry, it is essential that you take steps in the right direction. By attending this workshop for future marijuana businesses, you can become more confident that you are doing the right thing. Check out the speakers we have lined up for our event!
- Avis Bulbulyan, SIVA Enterprises
- Ted Daniels, National Cannabis Security Services
- Stephanie Goodman & Amanda Kugler, Bricks and Mortar Cannabis
- Steve Flaks, BioTrack
- Ron Smalley, Vista Green LLC
- Kareyna Miller, LC Solutions Michigan
- Hilary Dulany, Aardvark Cannabis Company
- Grady Emmons, PRMG Security
- Jenny Germano, ICS Consulting
- Paula Givens, Attorney
- Roma Thurin, Thurin Law Group
- Jamie Cooper, Canna Media Works
- Cathleen Graham, CS Health Stop
Most people make mistakes during the initial steps of starting a marijuana business and get their permits denied. You can avoid making the same mistakes by attending this workshop for marijuana business. It is always better to learn from professionals who have extensive experience in the field and this opportunity is only presented to you at our workshop. Don’t wait too long because if you don’t start now, you won’t be able to find success later on.
This two-day workshop will provide an extensive overview of the following areas related to operating a legal medical marijuana business (and ancillary businesses) in Michigan:
- A thorough review of Michigan’s Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act, (PA 281, 281 & 283 of 2016 and PA 105 of 2017).
- A step-by-step format of what is going to be needed to get municipality approval & community support
- Help you select the correct corporate structure for your marijuana business.
- How to deal with property contracts and landlords.
- How much money will be needed to start a marijuana business.
- A chance to reach out and meet others like you who are just getting into the industry. Our workshop is an excellent place to find like-minded people that are working towards similar goals!
- Our WorkBook with the valuable information is a great asset in helping you with continuing education.
- Understanding of risk and benefits of the industry for the patient, businessperson, and governmental officials on a local and statewide level
- Assess the marijuana business successes and failures in other states and the lessons that have been learned
- Discuss the needs, opportunities, and barriers for collaboration among, across, and within the governmental role, the healthcare role, the business person role, and the role of the patient.
- Understand what you will need to interface with Michigan’s seed-to-sale system that uses serialized tags with bar-code, human-readable and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags attached to every plant, and labels attached to wholesale packages to track marijuana inventory.
- Grower/Production and Dispensary site selection and required zoning
- Compliance and legal issues
- Investment limitations and opportunities
- Teambuilding for application approval and long-term success
- Ancillary business opportunities (legal, transportation, HVAC, security, real estate, insurance, marketing, accounting, plumbing, cleaning services, etc.)
- Concentrates/extracts: Why it’s predicted to be the future of the Medical Marijuana industry.
- Marketing and advertising for Medical Marijuana companies: Effective and proven methods.
- Networking Luncheon where you can meet with established key players in the Medical Marijuana industry).
- Get in now on the ground floor before the industry takes off!
- Meet professionals who successfully navigated the application process and now run successful marihuana businesses in other states.
- Get an in-depth legislative & regulatory update: what’s happening now and what’s going to happen.
- How to start and operate a successful, compliant Medical Marijuana Provisioning Center (Dispensary)
- Learn the business opportunities that this billion-dollar industry will bring to Michigan.
- Comprehensive Marijuana Business Workshop Notebook. All those who attend will receive a comprehensive Medical Marijuana Business Licensing Workshop notebook. The notebook contains valuable information on being successful in the Medical Marijuana industry in Michigan. It includes information on the law, proposed regulations, business and investment opportunities, and essential Medical Marijuana basics. It also includes information on the dispensary application process, and on how to operate a successful and legal dispensary. There’s more! It is written by people who have already made money in the Medical Marijuana industry. It contains detailed information, to show you how you can as well. It will guide you through each step in developing your own successful Medical Marijuana business!
Intersted in being a sponsor for the event? Visit cannamediaworks.com/sponsorship for more information!
Friday, December 8, 2017
8 – 9 a.m. – Registration & Networking
9 – 9:45 a.m. – Michigan Regulatory Overview – Paula Givens, Attorney & Licensing Consultant
9:45 – 10:30 a.m. – Corporate structuring & background checks – Roma Thurin, Thurin Law Group
10:30 – 11:15 a.m. – Building your team – Avis Bubulyan, SIVA Enterprises
11:15 – 12 p.m. – Taxes, accounting & cash management – Kareyna Miller, LC Solutions Michigan
12 – 1 p.m. – LUNCH
1 – 1:45 p.m. – Incorporating the medical in medical marijuana – Cathleen Graham, CS Health Stop
1:45 – 2:30 p.m. – Gaining Municipality Approval & Community Support – Jamie Cooper, Canna Media Works
2:30 – 2:45 p.m. – BREAK
2:45 – 3:30 p.m. – Funding & investor relations – Avis Bubulyan, SIVA Enterpises
3:30 – 4:15 p.m. – Building a brand for your cannabis company – Jamie Cooper, Canna Media Works
4:15 – 5 p.m. – Seed to sale tracking software – Steve Flaks, BioTrack
Saturday, December 9, 2017
8 – 9 a.m. – Registration & Networking
9 – 9:45 a.m. – Riding the Wave of the Industry Ripple Effect – Hilary Dulany, Aardvark Cannabis Company & AccuVape
9:45 – 11:15 a.m. – Planning for a Successful Vertical Integration Facility – Ron Smalley, Vista Green Group LLC
11:15 – 12 p.m. – Secure Transportation – Grady Emmons, PRGM Security
12 – 1 p.m. – LUNCH
1 -1:45 p.m. – Security Planning – Ted Daniels, National Cannabis Security Services
1:45 – 2:30 p.m. – Putting together your application – Avis Bulbulyan, SIVA Enterprises
2:30 – 3:15 p.m. – Policies & procedures – Paula Givens, Attorney & Licensing Consultant
3:15 – 3:30 p.m. – BREAK
3:30 – 4:15 p.m. – Insurance, bonds and securities – Stephanie Goodman & Amanda Kugler, Bricks & Mortar Cannabis
4:15 – 5 p.m. – Preparing for Compliancy – Jenny Germano, ICS Consulting
Learn from some of the best industry application writers and compliancy experts in the areas of cultivation, dispensary, edibles/infused products, extraction, and licensing.
- Security Planning
- Security Systems
- Physical security
- Product and cash vaulting
- Cash handling
- Chain of custody
- Processing and Extracting Facility Planning
- Overview of Different Extraction Processes (This is just an overview. We will not be teaching you HOW to process or extract medical marijuana.)
- Infused Product Categories
- Packaging and Labeling
- License Application Planning
- How to interface with METRC – Marijuana Enforcement Tracking Reporting & Compliance — Michigan’s statewide monitoring system for integrated marihuana tracking, inventory, and verification under the Marihuana Tracking Act, 2016 PA 282.
- Investor Targeting and Qualifying
- Real Estate and Facilities: new construction or renovation?
- Municipality Lobbying and Generating Community Support
- Community Impact Plans – when needed
- Industry Advocacy and Involvement
- How to start and operate a successful Medical Marijuana Provisioning Treatment Center (Dispensary)
- Learn more about the business opportunities that this billion-dollar industry will bring to Michigan.